12 05, 2021

MarketWATCH Muskoka: 12 May 2021

By |2021-05-11T21:12:54+00:00May 12th, 2021|Market Watch|0 Comments

Trillium. In these parts, Trilliums blooming means spring is truly arrived. Yes, there are other spring flowers, some delicate, some brash in their display. But none seem to be so welcome as Trillium. A forest hillside can turn into a cloud of white basking in springtime sun, when only two short weeks later, leaves have [...]

14 04, 2021

MarketWATCH Muskoka: 14 April 2021

By |2021-04-13T15:53:57+00:00April 14th, 2021|Market Watch|0 Comments

MarketWATCH Muskoka: 14 April 2021 The Muskoka Watershed is managed. There are dams and cataracts running from its source in Algonquin Park all the way to Georgian Bay. It’s a large area. In fact, it’s bigger than Canada’s smallest Province. Elevation changes in the watershed are significant. The Highlands receive much more snowfall than lower [...]

17 03, 2021

MarketWATCH Muskoka: ☘️St Paddy’s Day☘️ edition

By |2021-03-16T23:01:04+00:00March 17th, 2021|Market Watch|0 Comments

The lakes may look firm but the ice is rotting. Stay off the lakes! In winter 🧊ice roads are made for builders to drive to island destinations. For 8 weeks, sometimes more, islands are reachable by truck🚚, a bit longer by sled. But when you hear the ‘song of the ice’ which sounds a lot [...]

17 02, 2021

MarketWATCH Muskoka: 17 February 2021

By |2021-02-17T00:30:40+00:00February 17th, 2021|Market Watch|0 Comments

Photo Credit: Aaron Huber MarketWATCH Muskoka: 17 February 2021 Hump day.. we all know what that is. Half way to the weekend. Today is hump day of a sort. We’re half way between the beginning of the year and April. Not exactly, but close enough. Winter is on the wane. That said, we had a [...]

23 09, 2020

MarketWATCH Muskoka: Autumn Edition

By |2020-09-23T17:42:16+00:00September 23rd, 2020|Market Watch|0 Comments

MarketWATCH Muskoka Autumn. This week is classic. Warm days, cool nights, gentle breezes. Morning mists, glasslike waters and no bugs. Perfect for paddle boarding, taking the kayak out or just soaking in dock time. It's a time to decompress and marvel. Leaves are starting to turn. There's the occasional flash of brilliant red as one [...]

21 07, 2020

MarketWATCH Muskoka: 21 July 2020

By |2020-07-21T19:37:10+00:00July 21st, 2020|Market Watch|0 Comments

Cottages are infectious. About 15% of first time buyers are immune and sell within 5 years, leaving cottaging for ever. The 85%? 40% keep their first cottage. The others learn 'how they cottage' and find something that suits better or move to be closer to friends. For most people, cottaging becomes a way of life. [...]

2 10, 2019

MarketWATCH Muskoka: 2 October 2019

By |2019-10-01T17:13:22+00:00October 2nd, 2019|Market Watch|0 Comments

Cranberries. Tis the season of colour. There's a lot going on in Muskoka right now. Artists have opened their doors for their Studio Tour (part deux), the forest is flashing red and gold and cranberries are punctuating it all with their tart brilliance. Tart? That depends. Cranberry butter tarts are tarts but not tart. Cranberry [...]

4 09, 2019

By |2019-09-03T12:16:36+00:00September 4th, 2019|Market Watch|0 Comments

MarketWATCH Muskoka: 4 September 2019 September, to our way of thinking, is one of the nicest months in Muskoka. The days are warm, nights cool (very nice for an evening by the fire pit) and the lakes are quiet. Along the shore, the number of lights twinkling across the lake has diminished. An evening cruise [...]

15 05, 2019

MarketWATCH Muskoka: 15 May 2019

By |2019-05-15T21:50:17+00:00May 15th, 2019|Market Watch|0 Comments

Hemlocks are an interesting tree. Found throughout our trading area, they grow in community. Hemlocks are rarely found growing as a single specimen. If one falls, there's a better than even chance another will too. They depend on one another for support. Root systems are shallow and intertwine with other hemlocks. Their canopy, when together, [...]

5 09, 2018

MarketWATCH Muskoka: 5 September 2018

By |2018-09-04T17:44:10+00:00September 5th, 2018|Market Watch|0 Comments

With temps in the high 20's and humidity taking the 'feel' of the day even higher, this Labour Day's experience in Muskoka was more like mid-summer. In some parts even the lake wasn't all that refreshing. Swimming from the boat in the deep was the way to go if you wanted to cool off. Off [...]